Location/Lieu: York University – Keele Campus, Toronto
Position/Poste: Community Support Leader (CSL) – 1 Full-time, variable shifts (September to April)
- Provide leadership in the efficient and safe delivery of IL services to consumers to consumers with disabilities
- Lead a group of attendants in providing assistance to consumers with the non-medical activities of daily living.
- Assist the Community Support Supervisor in ensuring that master schedules are developed according to the consumer’s plan of service and budgeted hours.
- Using the electronic Quatro Scheduling system, develop and revise ongoing master schedules for both consumer and staff.
- Assist in the renewal and management of consumer service agreements.
- Ensure the orientation, continuous goal setting, problem solving and service planning with consumers.
- Provide orientation and on the job training to all newly hired attendants and provide ongoing leadership and coaching to all attendants.
- Participate in quality improvement activities.
- Display diplomacy with consumers, attendants, other service centers and agencies
- Manage change in a constructive and positive fashion
- Service delivery resolution and handle conflict resolution
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR Certification
- Minimum two years of experience in Human Services field, working for people with physical disabilities
- Ability to lead and train staff
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- A team player that has the ability to accept responsibility, and to cooperate and communicate with others to accomplish goals
- Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
- Knowledge of issues concerning physical disabilities
- Knowledge of behaviour management principles
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- General understanding of computer hardware and software
- Valid License and must have reliable Vehicle
- Proven consistency in work performance, including reliability and flexibility
- Ability to work varied shifts (shift coverage and will work every other weekend)
- Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
Salary Range/Échelle des salaires: TBD
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy): December 15, 2017
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Natalie Timbrell Position: Program Manager
Address: 103A Atkinson Bldg – 4700 Keele Street, Toronto On
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.