Location / Lieu: Northeast (North Bay, Timmins OR Sudbury)
Position / Poste: Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist
Duties / Fonctions:
- Accept referral and review the client plan/documentation as provided by the referral source
- Provide services to adults who have disabilities and are challenged by employment barriers
- Assist individuals with disabilities to identify realistic employment options through vocational testing, assessment and exploration
- Conduct transferable skills analysis and labour market research
- Provide job placement services including job development, coordination of on the job supports, job site analysis and job accommodation
- Provide employment and motivational counseling
- Case manage services to ensure timely and cost effective service delivery
- Complete required service reports
- Achieve quality service standards for client satisfaction, timely delivery of service and employment outcomes
Qualifications / Compétences requises:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Psychology or related field.
- Eligible to receive Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP), Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor (CCRC) or certified Vocational Evaluator (CVE) or Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP) designation;
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in Vocational Rehabilitation with people with disabilities
- Sensitivity to issues/barriers that people with disabilities experience
- Familiarity with current methods of vocational rehabilitation, career counseling including assessment, service planning, job search skills, job analysis and job placement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Well-developed time management, organization and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to document, maintain records and write reports
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Applications accepted until / Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au : November 23 2017
Send application and resume to / Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Keith Duncan Position: Human Resources Manager
Address: 10 Overlea Blvd. Toronto, ON M4H 1A4
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.