The Assistive Devices Program can help you buy, repair and maintain a wide variety of mobility or assistive equipment (including wheelchairs). The Program may also have contact information or resources to help you find alternate funding sources in your area. The Program can also help you obtain funding from local service groups through partnerships with other organizations. The Assistive Devices Program is funded by the United Way in certain locations.
Funding is provided for devices that:
- Help adults live safely and independently in their homes
- Allow for discharge from a hospital or rehabilitation centre.
- Help avoid job loss
- Support opportunities for participation in educational, developmental and community activities
Some devices that may qualify for funding include:
- manual and power wheelchairs
- canes, crutches and walkers
- home and bathroom safety equipment
- patient lifts
- electronic aids for daily living
- face-to-face communication devices for non-verbal adults
- repairs to existing devices
Please note that the program process and application has changed.
March of Dimes is a United Way Member Agency in many areas. The Assistive Devices Program is funded by the United Way. Click here to view the United Way locations.
For more information, please contact us.