If you own stocks or mutual funds that have grown in value, you will face a tax bill when you sell them. The 2006 Federal Budget introduced a special tax incentive on gifts of Publicly Traded Securities and Mutual Funds.
You can give a gift of publicly traded securities to March of Dimes Canada and eliminate the capital gains tax. By donating securities directly to March of Dimes Canada, you can reduce your tax bill and make a significant gift at the same time. This can be a great way for you to support our vital programs on behalf of adults and children with physical disabilities.
How to Give Your Gift of Securities or Mutual Funds to March of Dimes Canada
A. You can use our online donation form on Canada Helps:
Give a Gift of Securities or Mutual Funds to March of Dimes Canada online through MODC's donation portal on Canada Helps. The process is quick, easy and secure.
- Click here to donate using MODC's Securities and Mutual Funds online form on Canada Helps website. (Or click on one of the buttons below.)
- The first page will already have March of Dimes Canada chosen as your charity of choice, so simply press the "Continue" button.
- Follow the instructions to fill out the necessary information to complete the process.
B. Or you can send us your information by mail:
- Complete all sections of the Transfer Form - and identify your transaction to avoid transfer delays.
- Forms can be faxed to 416-425-1920 or sent by mail to:
Associate Director, Individual Giving
March of Dimes Canada
10 Overlea Blvd.
Toronto, ON M4H 1A4
1-800-263-3463 ext 7338