The Jeannette Shannon Leadership Award was established in 2003 to recognize outstanding contributions by a past or present member of the March of Dimes Board of Directors.
Over her more than 20 years with Ontario March of Dimes, now March of Dimes Canada, Jeannette Shannon served on numerous committees and task forces, eventually rising to the office of President.
In addition to the countless hours she contributed, Shannon infused staff and volunteers with her energy, enthusiasm and passion for bettering the lives of people with disabilities.
Download the Jeannette Shannon Leadership Award nomination form
Those eligible include any present or past member of the March of Dimes Board of Directors, or its subsidiaries, who has contributed at least ten years of volunteer service to March of Dimes Canada, and who has:
- Participated/been active in several areas/programs/committees;
- Made contributions to MODC and/or its consumers that have had a province-wide impact;
- Improved/strengthened MODC by encouraging others to become involved in MODC programs or on MODC committees or boards;
- Been instrumental in effecting improvements in MODC’s policies/services;
- Contributed to influencing issues/policies which affect people with disabilities;
- Exemplified the degree of commitment, diversity of involvement, and indomitable spirit demonstrated by Jeannette throughout her years of service.
Past Award Winners
2011 - Cameron Whale, Toronto, Ontario
2010 - Sandra Rutherford, Thunder Bay, Ontario
2010 - Priscilla Connolly, Windsor, Ontario
Awards Selection Committee
c/o Executive Assistant
March of Dimes Canada
10 Overlea Blvd.
Toronto, ON M4H 1A4