Location / Lieu:
IL-ABI North East – Sudbury - Congregate Care Setting – Peel Street Group Home
Position / Poste: ABI Rehabilitation Worker – Permanent Part-time
Duties / Fonctions:
- Reporting responsibilities (incident reports, behavioural data collection and verbal reports)
- Participate in any required training
- Follow policies and procedures as required
- Provide one to one support and group support within the home and community to adults with an Acquired Brain Injury with activities of daily living, personal care, and rehabilitation planning.
- Communicate with consumer, family, and team members.
- To provide services on a flexible basis including evenings and weekends.
Qualifications / Compétences requises:
- Post Secondary preferred in Human and Social Services
- Minimum of three years experience in Human Services field and/or working with people with ABI.
- Current CARE and CPR, First Aid an asset
- Proven consistency in work performance, including reliability and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Sound behavioural management skills, cognitive problem solving skills.
- Proven team work abilities
- Working knowledge of ABI and rehabilitation
- Ability to effectively deal with behavioural situations
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
Salary Range / Échelle des salaires: Based on experience and knowledge
Applications accepted until / Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy): 03/23/2018
Send application and resume to / Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Jennifer Whiteside
Position: Community Support Supervisor
"As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities."