Position/Poste: Health Care Worker Part-Time
- Assists consumers in their own homes with non-medical activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with March of Dimes Canada policies and procedures:
- Personal care
- Lifts and Transfers
- Bowel and bladder procedures
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Range of motion exercises
- Other light housekeeping duties
- Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
March of Dimes Canada provides 24-hour attendant care to its consumers. The Support Services Attendants will be required to work multiple shifts (i.e. work days, evenings, weekends) that vary between locations.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working with people with physical disabilities, experience/knowledge/understanding of Independent Living or Consumer based care.
- Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
- Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
- Valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation
Salary Range/Échelle des salaires: $17.77
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy): 02/15/19
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Jessica Ferguson
Position: Community Support Supervisor
Address (#, street/rue, suite, city/ville, province, postal code):
3228 South Service Road, Suite 207, Burlington ON, L7N 3H8
"As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities."