Ottawa or Kingston (travel required)
Position/Poste: Registered Occupational Therapist (Full-time, 35 hours per week)
- Provide functional rehabilitation and employment services to support return to work.
- Conduct functional capacity evaluations, ergonomic assessments, physical and cognitive demands analyses and job coaching at a variety of workplaces, March of Dimes Canada’s offices, client homes, and in the community.
- Strong ability to document and prepare recommendations and rehabilitation plan.
- Present rationale and expert opinions to justify assessment/evaluation findings.
- Consult and collaborate with appropriate multi-disciplinary team members in the community.
- Work as a member of a team to facilitate successful community re-entry, support on-going rehabilitation, and return-to-work.
- Contribute in staff training and education for support network as required.
- Peer review assessment reports, ensuring quality standards are met.
- Maintain ongoing communication with stakeholders concerning psychosocial issues and other employment barriers of clients.
- Refer to and liaise with other agencies to address identified needs of clients as appropriate.
- Must be a practicing and registered member of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario and abide by membership regulation with regards to clinical and ethical practices.
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals who have experienced traumatic injuries; experience may include a clinical internship.
- Demonstrated experience conducting the types of assessments / services listed above.
- Experience with vocational assessments is an asset.
- Working knowledge of government regulations pertaining to work compensation, statutory accident benefits, veteran affairs, and other disability legislations.
- One to three years of experience in an employment services or vocational rehabilitation setting.
- Experience in clinical and/or community health setting is an asset.
- Advanced skills are required to perform assessments professionally while building a rapport with clients.
- Highly developed report writing and oral communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including mediation, negotiation, advocacy, consultation and collaboration.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Good understanding of a variety of disabilities (including acquired brain injury and Post-traumatic stress disorder) and the unique needs of people with disabilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Must have a home office suitable for telework with internet access. Laptop computer, smartphone, printer, lockable file cabinet, and assessment equipment will be provided.
- Must be able to transport, set up, and securely store equipment between assessments
- Ability to travel regularly between, Ottawa, Kingston and Pembroke areas. Occasional travel within Ontario may be required. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Criminal record check with vulnerable vector screen, and security clearance will be required.
Salary Range/Echelle des salaries: To be discussed based on experience and qualifications (comprehensive benefits included)
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy): July 31, 2018
(email application preferred)
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à
Name: Mr. Francis Fung
Position: National Manager, Rehabilitation and Training, Employment Services
Address: 1550 Upper James Street, Unit 302, Hamilton, Ontario L9B 2L6
Telephone: 1855-803-4999 ext 4323
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.