Location / Lieu: Hamilton, Ontario
Position / Poste: Supportive Housing (Part Time) Support Services Attendant
Duties / Fonctions:
- Assists consumers in their own homes with non-medical activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with March of Dimes Canada policies and procedures:
- Personal care
- Lifts and Transfers
- Bowel and bladder procedures
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Range of motion exercises
- Other light housekeeping duties
- Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
The Support Services Attendants will be required to work multiple shifts (i.e. work days, evenings, and weekends) that vary between locations.
Qualifications / Compétences requises:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working with people with physical disabilities, experience/knowledge/understanding of Independent Living or Consumer based care.
- Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
- Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Salary Range / Échelle des salaires: As per Collective Agreement
Applications accepted until / Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy): 11/30/18
Send application and resume to / Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Kristy Hamilton
Position: Community Support Supervisor
Address (#, street/rue, suite, city/ville, province, postal code): 20 Jarvis St, Hamilton Ontario
Telephone: (905) 528-4261 Ext. 4215
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.