Southwest – Sarnia
Position/Poste: Support Service Attendant
Assists consumers in their own homes with activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with March of Dimes Canada policies and procedures:
- Personal care
- Lifts and Transfers
- Bowel and bladder procedures
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Range of motion exercises
- Medication assistance
- Other light housekeeping duties
- G-tube feeding
- Trach care and suctioning
- Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
- Program runs 24 hours per day, 7 days week.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working with people with physical disabilities, experience/knowledge/understanding of Independent Living or Consumer based care.
- Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
- Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
- Clear Criminal Reference Check including Vulnerable Persons
- Valid license required for some positions
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy) 08/15/18
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Sharon van der Meulen
Postion: Community Support Supervisor
Address: 124 Queen St. Sarnia, ON
As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, March of Dimes Canada encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.