Children & Youth with Brain Injuries
Practical Strategies Workshop
June 7 & 8, 2018
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Lexington Hotel & Conference Centre
50 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario
The workshops focus on enhancing clinical skills in assessment, engagement and intervention with families of children and youth who have sustained an acquired brain injury (ABI).
- Register for Day 1 (June 7, 2018): Practical Skills Workshop
- Register for Day 1 & 2 (June 7 & 8, 2018): Day 1: Practical Skills (June 7th) & Day 2: Brain Injury Family Intervention - Adolescents (BIFI-A) Intensive Workshop (June 8th)
** Limited to 30 participants
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Case managers
- Social workers
- OTs, PTs, SLPs
- Rehabilitation counselors or clinicians in general practice who are interested in learning more about brain injury in children and adolescents and how best to help.
- ABI Caregivers /Family Members
* To register as a caregiver or family member, please contact us directly at (705) 671-3188 ext.237
* By attending these invaluable workshops, you can also gain continuing education credits
GOALS OF WORKSHOP
- Recognize the effects of ABI in children, adolescents and their families
- Identify clinical approaches and strategies for engaging kids and supporting families after pediatric ABI
- Review updates around accident benefits and Catastrophic Impairment in children with ABI
For the Brain Injury Family Intervention - Adolescents (BIFI-A) Intensive Workshop:
- Learn how to implement the BIFI-A program, through small group interactive sessions, role plays, vignettes and video-tapes.
- Learn about a structured approach and acquire practical tools for working effectively with families after pediatric ABI
- Describe implementation of the BIFI-A protocol for families of adolescents with ABI
Proceeds from the workshop go to Brain Injury Association Sudbury & District
In partnership with