Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Liberty North Conference Centre, Barrie ON
ABI happens to individuals and their families. Adjusting to life after ABI can be a challenging "balancing act". March of Dimes invites you to attend the 11th annual ABI Survivor Conference "Balancing Act", sponsored by Oatley Vigmond, Personal Injury Lawyers.
This year's conference will focus on stories and strategies to assist everyone to move forward, focussing on the positive and having a balance in their lives.
The conference will provide people living with the effects of an acquired brain injury, their family members/caregivers and service professionals with:
- Information on Acquired Brain Injuries
- Beneficial coping strategies
- Inspirational stories
- The opportunity to network with other family members/caregivers and service providers
The 2013 Conference will include:
- Keynote Speaker: Forrest Willett, ABI Survivor and Author
- Millie Graham, Stroke Survivor and Author
- Ian McCallum, Father of ABI Survivor and Author
- Tips by ABI survivors from "Guys Group"
- Caregiver Seminar
- Colleen Worsley, Clinical Director
- Jack Polonsky, Behavioural Therapist of Wright and Associates
- Learn more about Aphasia
- York Durham Aphasia Centre Teaching Team
- Presentation of an "Interesting Case"
- Ryan Murray of Oatley Vigmond Personal Injury Lawyers
- Musical Entertainment by Kyle Vivian
When: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 8:45 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Where: Liberty North Conference Centre
100 Caplan Ave., Barrie, ON
Cost: **Early Bird Registration Special**
To be sure that all interested people are able to attend this conference, March of Dimes, with support from Oatley Vigmond Personal Injury Lawyers, is pleased to offer low, early bird registration fees.
- $15.00 for survivors
- $40.00 for others
**Early Bird registration ends May 17, 2013**
For More Information
The "Balancing Act" Conference is brought to you by: