Tell us your story and win up to $15,000 towards a vehicle retrofit.
March of Dimes Canada will donate up to $15,000 to retrofit a vehicle for a deserving family or individual living with a disability in British Columbia, so they can reclaim their freedom and love of driving.
“We are very excited to support a local individual or family living with a disability acquire a retrofitted vehicle that will make their life a little easier,” says Mary Lynne Stewart, Director of Fund Development and Communications for March of Dimes Canada.
Vehicle modifications allow people living with disabilities the freedom of mobility, access and community participation that so many of us take for granted – but they can be prohibitively expensive, and out of reach for those with limited or fixed incomes.
To be eligible contestants must:
- Be a permanent Canadian resident and the person must make his / her permanent and principal home in British Columbia.
- Be a person with a physical disability from an accident, birth defect, or illness that is ongoing and / or recurring and is expected to last one year or more.
- Have an impairment that impedes mobility and results in substantial restriction in activities of daily living and participation in the community.
- Own a vehicle that need vehicle modification, but cannot afford to have it modified without financial assistance. Contestants with gross annual incomes over $75,000 are not eligible.
- Be available for the presentation of the retrofit at the annual Rock for Dimes Vancouver fundraiser on February 22, 2014 at the Red Room Ultra Bar, Vancouver, British Columbia.
Criteria for giveaway:
The individual or family requires vehicle modifications in order to:
- Remove or minimize a life safety risk (i.e. provide transportation to receive necessary medical treatment);
- Maintain or obtain full employment, or pursue education;
- Promote improved access to the community.
Click here to view full contest guidelines.
Click here to download the MODC Retrofit Application Form.
To help Applicants submit a complete package more easily, and to answer questions you may have about the application procedure, please view the following pdf documents:
MODC Retrofit Vehicle Initiative FAQ Guide
This guide will help you with questions you may have as you complete your Application Form. It also provides a checklist to assist you in identifying required documentation to submit along with your application.
MODC Retrofit Vehicle Initiative Verification of Disability Form
This Verification Of Disability Form offers a ready-made option for the Applicant to provide verification of disability.
Si vous avez besoin des services en français, veuillez téléphoner au Programme à
Applications must be received by February 14, 2014.
* Terms and conditions apply. We encourage applicants to apply using email or fax, as it can take up to 9 days to receive information by Canada Post.
For more information, please contact:
March of Dimes Canada Retrofit Vehicle Initiative
291 King Street, 3rd Floor London, Ontario N6B 1R8
Presentation to Recipient:
The retrofit will be presented to the selected recipient at March of Dimes Canada’s annual Rock for Dimes Vancouver fundraiser, taking place at the Red Room Ultra Bar on February 22, 2014. More information about this battle of the bands fundraiser can be found at www.rockfordimes.ca/vancouver.