March of Dimes Canada is pleased to announce that it will be conducting clinics in Cochrane and Kirkland Lake with a total of 9 specialists hosting these clinics during the month of September.
The September 9, 2016 clinic to be held in Cochrane will include:
The September 16, 2016 clinic in Cochrane has acquired the participation of:
- Dr. Gladys Chan, foot and ankle surgeon from North York General Hospital
- Dr. Simon Harris, spine surgeon from Scarborough Hospital
- Dr. Shawn Garbedian, hip and knee surgeon from North York General Hospital
The September 29 & 30, 2016 clinic will take place in Kirkland Lake. The specialists staffing this clinic will be:
- Dr. Markku Nousiainen and his fellow, hip and knee surgeons from Sunnybrook Hospital
- Dr. Frank Mastrogiacomo, hip and knee surgeon from Toronto East General Hospital
- Dr. Dale Dantzer, upper extremities surgeon from North York General Hospital
- Dr. Syd Gershon, rheumatologist from St. Michael’s Hospital
- Dr. David Collins, rheumatologist from Soldiers Memorial Hospital
March of Dimes Canada’s Northern Medical Clinics program offers Northern Ontario patients medical consultations with prominent visiting specialists from the Toronto area. Last year, over 1200 patients came through the clinics, saving them the time, expense and burden of travelling to Toronto to receive specialized medical care.
“Great people who work really hard [and] care about their patients,” says patient, Dawn Kaye from New Liskeard.
The program has 15 clinics scheduled for 2016 through March, 2017, which includes 13 in Cochrane and 2 in Kirkland Lake. Click here to view a list of the upcoming tentative clinics and specialists scheduled for 2016.
Although patients do not have to reside in the host communities to receive an appointment, they must be referred by their family physicians/healthcare providers and all surgeries are performed in the Toronto area. Follow- ups are generally arranged through the Northern Medical Clinics.
For more information regarding the clinics, please contact:
Medical Clinic Supervisor
toll-free (866) 672-2499