Alberta Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC) Camp
SAVE THE DATE!
August 24-26, 2018
Easter Seals Camp Horizon, Box 540, Bragg Creek, Alberta
A camp for children aged 6-19 years, who use speech generating communication devices.
Augmentative and Alternative Communication Camp in Alberta is a
3-day overnight camp specializing in increasing the communication abilities and socialization skills of children and teens who are augmentative communication users. Camp activities include games, arts and crafts, music, drama, and more!
Activities are designed to:
- Enhance campers' social communication skills
- Provide opportunities for campers to communicate and build friendships with each other
- Offer training and networking opportunities for parents and siblings
Inspired by a similar camp – AAC Camp Idaho – delivered since 2006.
|Easter Seals Camp Horizon, Box 540, Bragg Creek, Alberta
||Friday, August 24 to Sunday, August 26, 2018|
|Children and youth 6 - 19 years old who use speech generating communication devices|
* Campers must own a speech-generating device to participate.
AAC Camp Alberta provides a recreational camp experience where:
- Campers learn to use their devices
- Counselors learn how to support and communicate with campers who use AAC
- Activities delivered at camp transfer to home/school
- Families and care partners learn as well
- Fees cover:
- full cost of meals
- accommodations for 3 days, 2 nights
Registration applications will be available in March 2018
The camp is delivered through the collaborative efforts of:
- University of Alberta, Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Representatives from AAC Camp Idaho
- Parent champions
For more information please contact: