TravelAbility is a travel insurance program specifically designed for people with physical disabilities and their families.
In partnership with Ingle International and Imagine Financial Ltd., March of Dimes provides you with an experienced source of travel insurance to offer people with special needs fast, friendly service and solutions that let them travel with confidence.
Visit TravelAbility website to browse the full line of products and services or call 1-866-598-3888.
Accessible Travel Resources
The following is a list of accessible travel resources that have been sent to us. If you know a website that you feel provides invaluable information or services to the disability community, please let us know and we will post it below.
*Note that March of Dimes Canada does not support or endorse the following Web sites.
- Accessible Travel -- detailed information and travel resources for accessible locations around the world.
- Global Access -- a travelers' network with links, stories and tips.
- Health Records -- useful tips on managing your personal health information
- Taking Charge of Your Air Travel Experience -- the Canadian Transportation Agency's Guide for Persons with Disabilities.
- Tips from Gimp on the Go -- general and specific tips, and short stories covering the experience of traveling with a disability.
- Holiday Care -- information about transport, accommodation, visitor attractions, activity holidays and respite care establishments in the UK and elsewhere.
Databases & directories
Accessible travel within Canada
Accessible travel outside Canada
Companies specializing in holiday and adventure travel for seniors and people with disabilities
- Accessible Journeys -- holidays for mature travelers, slow walkers, wheelchair travelers, their families and their friends (based in U.S.A.).
- Can be Done -- offers a wide range of accessible holidays around the world (based in the U.K.).
- Frederick Travel -- Frederick Travel is proud to offer vacations that carry the highest standard of accessibility.
- Outdoor Explorations -- outdoor adventures within the U.S.A. for people with all types of disabilities.
- Wilderness Inquiry -- outdoor adventures throughout North America and the world (based in U.S.A.).
- Jubilee Sailing Trust -- tall ship sailing holidays for people of all physical abilities (based in the U.K.).
- Mobility International USA -- international exchange programs for people with and without disabilities in more than 80 countries (based in U.S.A.).
- Accessible Kiwi Tours New Zealand -- accessible tours in New Zealand for seniors and people with special needs.
- Epic Enabled -- family friendly, wheelchair accessible, overland camping & adventure safari holidays in Southern Africa (based in South Africa).
- Southern Cross Safaris -- accessible safaris in eastern Kenya.
- World on Wheelz -- Frederick Travel is proud to offer specialized accessible travel arrangements for wheelchair users and those with mobility challenges.