Awareness on the Rise – One story at a time.
Post-Polio Canada believes memories should be cherished and not lost. If you or someone you know is a polio survivor, we encourage you to contact us and share your story.
Personal tales and photographs from across Canada are curated online by Post-Polio Canada. Some of these stories have never been publically shared.
The history of polio is still being written as global eradication efforts continue. Polio survivors -- be they days or decades removed from their experiences -- all have unique encounters with a disease that has affected millions worldwide.
To share your experiences please email your story and any related pictures to: email@example.com.
A Lasting Legacy: The Martin Family and March of Dimes
- Patti Idenouye, Hamilton, Ontario
- Pauline Montigny, North Bay, Ontario
- William (Bill) Montgomery, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Samuel B. Taetz, Surrey, British Columbia
- Sally Larter, Prince Edward Island
- Doris Benson, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Helen Ann MacPherson, Calgary, Alberta
- Ronald G. Chisholm, Noonan ,New Brunswick
- Shelby Jennison
- Joy Anne Jury, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Louise Magid, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Marie Lavallee, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Mario Fagnan, Sorel-Tercere, Quebec
- Annelise Borloz
- Joanie Hill
- Robert A. Hunt, Ste. Anne, Manitoba
- Harvey Buckmaster, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Jacquelyn Barker, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Jacqueline McKenzie, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Doug Mackie, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Agnes Clutchey
- Muriel Bond, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Francis Casper, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Shirley Potton Penner, Petersfield, Manitoba
- Marie Therese Sarrasin, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Judy Zwanko, Kirkland Lake, Ontario
- David Wilson
- Marjorie Audas
- Barbara Bondar
- Bud Ireland
- Catherine Campbell
- Dorothy Cormier
- Jan Nichols
- Richard "Ty" Tyler
- Sandy Rutherford
- Globe and Mail Polio Stories
Are you a polio survivor looking to learn about Post Polio syndrome or to be connected to a Post Polio Support Group?
Call the Post-Polio Canada Warmline at 1-800-480-5903.